Shadow Artist opportunity
In order to increase the impact and opportunity offered by the project, we are offering one young artist (18-25) to work alongside Urban Projections and the Sidney Nolan Trust for a minimum of 5 days. You will have the opportunity to attend a further 2.5 days training at Rural Media in Hereford. The applicant will undertake Silver Arts Award, which will provide a framework and accreditation for the project.
The project has been designed to create a starting point for arts and heritage organisations to increase their access and relevance for young people, as well as provide an excellent professional development opportunity for the individual. This is in keeping with the overall objectives of the Herefordshire’s a Great Place scheme, and will:
- Provide a professional, work-based placement for young artists
- Support Arts & Heritage organisations in developing new opportunities and relationships for and with young people
- Enable Arts & Heritage Organisations to develop a strong relationship with a young person who can potentially lead future activity and/ or become a young ambassador or trustee.
- Increase access to and benefits of Hidden Gems funding
- Improve access to Arts Award across the county
- Ensure sustainability for organisations in creating a participatory offer beyond the life of the programme
We hope that this will be the beginning of a partnership between the selected young artists and the host organisations. We are particularly keen to receive applications from young people based in Herefordshire and the Marches.
For more information and how to apply please download the information here