CULTIVATE is our arts programme for young people aged 15 to 25. Together with artists and other young creatives, we research, experiment and make artwork.
Over the next 5 months Cultivate will embark on a new project, please find full details below and how to sign up.
The Sidney Nolan Trust’s young people’s programme Cultivate embarks on The Curve, a new (research and development project) supported by Arts Council England at Berrington Hall.
Cultivate is a once-a-month arts programme for 15 – 25-year-olds. Led by artist Emma Posey, Cultivate is a great way for young people, with an interest in the arts, to develop their creative thinking and making skills through research and experimentation. The group offers a unique social space for those growing up in the region to work alongside artists and other professionals with a broad range of expertise. Cultivate takes an innovative approach to learning to engage with a creative practice – the group focuses on a specific idea as an ongoing area of enquiry over a specific period of time and builds an artistic response.
Renowned artists Heather Peak and Ivan Morison (peakmorison.org) have invited Cultivate to participate in The Curve, their project exploring the potential of the currently disused yet historic curved walled garden at the National Trust’s Berrington Hall, near Leominster in Herefordshire. Cultivate will participate through drawing, collecting artifacts, using photography, film and sound, creating maps plus much more.
There’s space for more young people from the region to participate in Cultivate and we encourage you to take part:
• Cultivate is FREE to attend
• Transportation can be provided from Sidney Nolan Trust. for more details
• Monthly sessions will be held at Berrington Hall and The Sidney Nolan Trust’s base near Presteigne.
• Cultivate is funded by generous support from Herefordshire Community Foundation and The Ashley Family Foundation.
The Saturday dates and locations for the Cultivate @ The Curve sessions are:
• 13 May, 10am - 2pm, Sidney Nolan Trust, The Rodd, near Presteigne, LD8 2LL
• 3 June, 10am - 2pm, Berrington Hall, near Leominster, HR6 0DW
• 8 July, 10am - 2pm, Berrington Hall
• 19 August, 10am - 2pm, Berrington Hall
To find out more about Cultivate and to sign up please contact Antony Mottershead on email@example.com or 01544 260 149.
To date, the young people have worked with a wide range of artists including
Tom Goddard (Gentle Radical)
Heather Peak & Ivan Morison(Studio Morison)
Giles W Bennett