The Sidney Nolan Trust is a registered charity and we rely on the generosity of donors who share our commitment to increasing public access to the arts and music and also to further the appreciation of the work of Sir Sidney Nolan. We are indebted to all our donors for the support they have given us.
There are a number of different ways you can support the Trust, from volunteering to making a regular donation or becoming a Friend of the Trust.
Become a Friend
As a Friend of the Trust your support will go directly towards supporting the:
• Trust’s learning programme which encourages people of all ages to explore their creativity.
• Conservation of Sidney’s works of art held by the Trust and making them accessible through a programme of temporary exhibitions.
• Work in our archive of Sidney’s enormous personal legacy of books, letters, photographs and film as a resource for researchers.
• Upkeep of the beautiful medieval farm, including the Grade II* listed Jacobean manor house, Rodd Court (Sidney’s former home), and its gardens and grounds.
In exchange for an annual contribution of £35 (individual) or £50 (joint) the Trust will show its appreciation by offering:
• Unlimited free entry to its annual exhibition programme, Nolan’s studio, Rodd Court and gardens
• Invitations to exclusive Private View events
• 10% discount on its annual programme of courses/workshops led by established artists.
• 10% discount on tickets for events such as concerts and talks held at The Rodd.
• A copy of the biannual Nolan News which contains exclusive interviews on the life and work of Sidney Nolan and other contemporary artistsBECOME A FRIEND
Volunteer with Us
Volunteering with us can be rewarding and fun and makes a valuable contribution to our work.
You do not need any specific experience or qualifications, just need a willingness to get involved and try something new. Training is provided and we work closely with our volunteers to ensure they enjoy being part of the team. We welcome any time that can be given.
To join us as a volunteer, please email email@example.com
Visitor Engagement Volunteer
As a Visitor Engagement Volunteer, you will be joining a dedicated team that brings the work in our Gallery and Rodd Court to life. You will help visitors learn about the works of Sir Sidney Nolan, share stories of his life here at The Rodd and talk about the history of 17th century Rodd Court. We like to make sure that all our visitors are greeted with a smile and are made to feel welcome, so if you're a warm and engaging individual then our Visitor Engagement Team would be the ideal place for you.
Do you have a passion for gardening? Why not join our gardening team? Our gardens are large and include orchards, many rose varieties, formal flower and shrubs borders, unusual trees and wild areas creating a wildlife haven. Gardening expertise is welcome but not essential. We are looking for any volunteers willing to help us with a variety of tasks.
Collection & Archive Volunteer
The Trust holds the world’s biggest collection of artworks by the famous Australian painter and cares for Nolan’s extensive personal archive and collection of books. As a Collection & Archive Volunteer you will work along staff to accession, photograph and store objects and documents in archival quality materials, support digitisation and ongoing research about Nolan’s life and work.